- What hemp seeds are and what they taste like- yeah, you're not the only one that didn't know don't worry. Conclusion: they don't have much flavor, so it's easy to put in smoothies, blended into sauces, or on top of oatmeal to give added benefits.
- With the right seasoning, mushrooms can get a umami flavoring that mimicks meat!
- Your staple peanut butters like Jiffy have about 30 extra ingredients to make it taste "better". It should only have peanuts and salt, which is what almond butter or any natural PB has. Look at the ingredients of the PB in your cabinet. You'll be amazed. Can't go back to regular PB ever again.
- Grapeseed Oil is great to use when roasting vegetables. It has a much higher smoke temperature than olive oil, meaning it will take a higher heat for the oil to smoke. You want this because you can cook your vegetables at a higher temp (like 500 degrees), which will take less time, and your house won't burn down.
- Having a meal consisting of a lot of veggies and some whole grains is just as filling as a meal centered around meat!
Meals I learned to cook:
(all 100% approved by my taste buds)
- Banana, PB and hemp green smoothie
- Whole grain pasta salad tossed with olives, spinach and walnuts
- Brown rice and veggie bowl with a coconut milk curry sauce
- Mushroom lentil tacos with a pureed pistachio sauce
- PB, cinnamon and date raw "cookies"
If you are interested in any of these recipes you can email me at email@example.com! There are probably similar versions online, so just googling it is an option too.
I have experienced first-hand that constantly coming up with new dinner ideas is hard. You don't want to get stuck in a rut of ordering out food because of it, so if this is happening to you try out a healthy cooking class! You learn some new recipes and get a good tasting of each one. You won't leave hungry that's for sure.
About this Section
This section highlights any type of noteworthy experience I've had with food. It also covers some of my traveling adventures! I am an avid traveler and love trying out new cuisines and local foods wherever I go. I will give any and all the details of the food I've tasted around the world.